Do Demons Exist?
Many people still do not believe demons exist. However, there are plenty of examples in the Bible showing how demonic spirits cause harm to individuals, both physically and mentally.
And one of the number said to him in answer, Master, I came to you with my son, who has in him a dumb spirit. And wherever it takes him, it puts him down violently, streaming at the lips and twisted with pain; and his strength goes from him ..... Mark 9:17-18
... immediately there met him (Jesus) out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains. Because he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. Mark5:2-5
12 Signs that You are Under Demonic Attack
1. Attacks through Your Dreams The Bible tells us that demons do attack us in our dreams!
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25
Nightmares, sex intercourse in dreams, seeing snakes, eating in dreams, etc. are common experience of people being attacked by demons. These dreams may still have an effect on the person even after he wakes up.
2. Negative Thoughts The devil intrudes our mind with negative thoughts. Feeling inferior, suspicious, unforgiveness, doubt, self condemnation, etc. are all signs of demonic attacks. Christians must realize that these thoughts are NOT their own! The Bible tells us that we are a New Man and we have the Mind of Christ. So, fight against them in the battlefield of your mind!
3. Negative Emotions Depression, anxiety, fear, hatred, rejection, resentment, unforgiveness, disappointment, loneliness, misery, anger, jealousy, etc. are all signs of demonic activities because the Bible says these feelings are not from God!
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
4. Desire for Defiled Things Demons eat a defiled diet, so it is natural for them to crave unholy and unnatural things. If you have an addiction or a strong desire for drugs, alcohol, or strange food like mud, blood, etc. you may be under the attack of a demon. People being oppressed often cannot stop these behaviors, and they develop shame, self hatred and self condemnation after these acts.
5. Cannot Control the Tongue
Demons like to control a person's tongue. If you have a tendency to curse, use strong words, blaspheme God, gossip, lie, give false witness, accuse others, etc., you may be under the attack of a demon. Very often, these words come out unconsciously and are uncontrollable.
6. Sexual Perversion Homosexuality, bisexual, adultery, fornication, masturbation, sex addiction, or any form of sexual perversion can be an indicator of demonic attack.
7. Interest in Divination and the Paranormal Tarot cards, astrology, divination, sorcery, yoga, meditation, psychic, new age, and things of the occult, etc. open the doors for demons, and people practicing these activities are often under demonic attacks.
8. Chronic Sickness
The Bible shows that many diseases are actually caused by demonic oppression. The sickness is often cured immediately after the demon has been cast out.
For he said unto him, Come out of the man, you unclean spirit ..... And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind ..... Mark 5:8-15
9. Compulsive Behaviors Compulsive repetitive behaviors like constant washing, checking, following certain routines, etc. may also be a manifestation of demonic attacks.
10. Restlessness in the Presence of Godly Men or Activities People oppressed by demons often feel restless and uneasy where Godly men are praying, worshipping, or reading loud the Words of God. They may want to flee or even exhibit symptoms like pain or wanting to vomit.
11. Suicidal Thoughts People under demonic influence often have sudden bursts of suicidal thoughts like wanting to jump out of the window or cut themselves even if there is no particular reason for doing so.
12. Hearing Voices Another clear indicator is when someone is hearing voices, especially those voice which tells them to commit irrational actions like hurting loved ones, etc.
What to Do if You Experience These Signs?
1. Resist It
As shown, most demonic activities happen in the mind. Therefore, resist these thoughts when they come to you. For example, if you feel unworthy, keep reminding yourself that all your sins are forgiven, and God loves you.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
2. Pray to God
Accept Jesus as you Savior and pray to Him for your deliverance!
3. Ask for Deliverance
If you know any Godly man or Church leader who has experience in casting out demons, ask them for help. As Jesus said, casting out demons should be a sign which follows all true believers. (Mark 16:17)
Reference taken from pastorvlad.org